A Milestone of Milestones

A recent review of our records revealed something very interesting: Captain Shran dh’Klar of the USS Washington is currently in his 90th month of command in Independence Fleet. This breaks the previous tie of 89 months with Steven MayTa Death for the fleet’s all-time lead. You read that right–Captain dh’Klar is now the longest serving sim Commanding Officer in the history of Independence Fleet. A quick recap of his command career:

• December 2010 – May 2012: USS Washington (18 months)
  • December 2012 – August 2013: USS Archimedes (9)
  • April 2015 – current: USS Washington (63)

Let’s put the 90 months into perspective: That’s 7.5 years of command! Wow! As of June 1st, that includes 1,320 total posts and a tie with Rhenora Kaylen for first place all-time with 26 monthly posting titles.*

I still remember when Captain dh’Klar first took command of the Washington. I had just returned to IDF as Chief of Fleet Operations and we were re-launching several historical sims. I really wanted him to be one of our Captains and offered him whichever command he wanted. I was very happy when he selected the Washington, which at the time was already one of our most storied games. Captain dh’Klar has since taken the Washington to even greater heights, creating a nearly unparalleled legacy.

Captain, thanks again for your service and we’re looking forward to the next 90 months!

* IDF does not have sim records from January 2004 to September 2010 and is missing posting totals for September – October 2018 and December 2018 to May 2019.

0 thoughts on “A Milestone of Milestones

• Joseph Carroll says:

So I broke a record and am tied for another with a member of my crew. Interesting. Now I wonder what other milestones I might be nearing. I love my time in IDF, and my Shran character shall remain and enjoy for years to come. Great many people I need to thank who made this milestone possible. Ever forward and thanks to everyone.

• Congrats Captain, you are a brilliant writer, extremely capable Commanding officer, and more importantly I consider you a dear friend. We’ve known each other a long time, it’s not surprising we’ve tied in a few things!
    Keep doing what you do best, and most importantly keep enjoying it.
    Yours in great writing
    Kaylen Rhenora aka Julia

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>