30 Years of Deep Space Nine

As many of you already know, the 30th anniversary of the premiere episode of Star Trek: Deep Space happened earlier this year. “Emissary” introduced us all to an entire new style and world of Trek. However, today is also a fairly important day in the history of DS9, and we have a special guest to fill you in:

0 thoughts on “30 Years of Deep Space Nine

• Joseph "Capt Shran dh'Klar" says:

DS9, my all-time favorite Star Trek. I was in middle school and high school when it ran. To me, it was the epitome of what Star Trek was about, though done in a different way. It gave us so many great stories, characters that I have always kept close to my heart (my wife’s name was Kira), and a vision that was unparalleled. While it wasn’t the first Trek show or film in my life, it was the one that made the biggest impact. I even got to meet Nana Visitor at a convention, which at that point was the biggest celebrity that I had met (as I got older I got the chance to meet many more of the Trek family, including my favorite captain, Avery Brooks). Having the opportunity to tell more stories in the same way as they were told on DS9 and in Star Trek in general brought me to IDF, and like the journey watching DS9, it has been a rollercoaster ride that I will forever cherish.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>