Our only nominee for the position of Vice-Chairperson of the 22nd Fleet was Taylor, a GM of good standing and talent within the 22nd Fleet, as well as a fellow with strong ties to the simming community. What will now follow is a three day period of voting to confirm Taylor's appointment as VC.5. Chairperson
- 1-A Chairperson will be nominated by and appointed by the Council with a 60% majority vote.
- 2-Eligible candidates must have a simulation with at least three months of active status in the Fleet.
- 3-The Chairperson shall function as a public servant and shall oversee the Fleet’s day-to-day operations. The Chairperson, however, will be unable to make major decisions related to the growth of the Fleet.
- 4-Any decision the Chairperson makes may be subject to a veto with a majority of votes cast by the Council of the GM Council.
- 5-The Chairperson may appoint a Vice-Chairperson to assist in Fleet Operations, and that Vice Chair must be accepted by the Council by a majority of votes cast by the Council.
- 6-The Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson shall serve from January 1 to December 31 of a calendar year.
- 7-The Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson shall be subject to a yearly election.
- 8-Should a Chairperson or Vice-Chairperson be appointed for a partial term, they shall still be subject to reelection at the end of the term. This partial term shall also be considered a “full-term” for the purpose of term limits.
- 9-A Chairperson may have no more than two consecutive terms in the position. Following these two terms, and a cooling off period, the Chairperson will be eligible for office.
A simple majority is needed to confirm the appointment, with the quorum set at 12.
The vote will end on Monday the 19th of April 2021.